[NZIRF] FW: Seminar on Sustainable Cities in an Ageing Society

William Liu william.liu at aut.ac.nz
Fri Sep 29 06:54:03 NZDT 2017

Aha…for your Wellington-ers again…☹

Cheers W

Feed: New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities
Posted on: Thursday, 28 September 2017 8:31 PM
Author: Libby Grant
Subject: Seminar on Sustainable Cities in an Ageing Society

We warmly invite you to a seminar with speaker Kay Saville-Smith. Sustainability is one of the buzz words of the moment when we talk about our cities. But what does it mean for an ageing population? How important is the built environment for older people and their ability to live well in their own homes and communities for longer? Date: Wednesday 18 October, Venue: Adam Auditorium, City Gallery, Civic Square, 101 Wakefield St, Wellington, Time: 12.00 pm – 1.00 pm.     Kay Saville-Smith Sustainable cities in an ageing society  Housing is central to sustaining our communities and built environments in good times and bad, this is particularly so for older people. This seminar focuses on older people and the importance of built environments which promote older people’s independence and their on-going social, economic and cultural contribution to communities. Speaker Kay Saville-Smith is a sociologist and director of the Centre for Research, Evaluation and Social Assessment – CRESA. Kay has undertaken extensive research into housing markets, housing demand, retirement villages, accessible housing, sustainable housing, the residential building industry and neighbourhood built environments. She currently leads two programmes in the National Science Challenge Building Better Homes Towns and Cities  – one focused on the reasons why we fail to build what we all believe we should be building, and the other looking at how the production of lower quartile value housing can be reinvigorated. She also leads a programme in the National Science Challenge Ageing Well which focuses on the tenure revolution and its implications in the face of an ageing society. See www.cresa.co.nz<http://www.cresa.co.nz> or www.goodhomes.co.nz<http://www.goodhomes.co.nz> for more information on Kay’s work. For more information, please contact: libby.grant at otago.ac.nz<mailto:libby.grant at otago.ac.nz> Free. All welcome.

View article...<http://sustainablecities.org.nz/2017/09/seminar-on-sustainable-cities-in-an-ageing-society/>